synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:14:31 -0400

Greetings,

I am using a Debian installation made with Knoppix, so my packages are a mix
from both testing and unstable distributions.

With the addition of the search tool lately, that can search through package
description, the only thing missing in my opinion in Synaptic would be
distribution selection, i.e. beeing able to select between stable, testing,
unstable and experimental depending on what your /etc/apt/sources.list
contains. The equivalent with the apt-get command line command is the
"apt-get -t branch" command where branch is stable, testing, etc.

When a new version of Synaptic with this feature gets out, I guess I will not
need to use apt-get directly anymore :-)

Thanks,

Guillaume Pratte