synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:19:18 +0100

Am Sa, den 27.12.2003 schrieb Henrique Pinto um 15:01:

> > Please do that. This would help us to adress those issues.
>
> I'll be re-doing the tests, since they were made with an old version of
> synaptic (the one bundled with Conectiva 9). Tests will (mostly) consist
> of analyzing the behavior of users when asked to do specific tasks. Any
> specific points you would want me to test?

I don't know about your resources or time frame. But perhaps it could be
useful to wait until the interface changes of Michael and me are done
and committed.

One big change is the introduction of status icons in the package list,
which is nearly done, and the other one will be a rewrite of the
search/find methods, that still needs implementation (the quick find
will be a filter and the adv. search dialog will get the function of a
normal find dialog in Gnome).

I also want to replace some terms like "pin" and "hold" with more user
friendly ones.

Regards,

Sebastian