synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic's theme in KDE - SOLVED

From: Leendert Meyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic's theme in KDE - SOLVED
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:56:24 +0100

On Friday 05 November 2004 11:23, Vincent van Adrighem wrote:
> Op vr, 05-11-2004 te 11:05 +0100, schreef Leendert Meyer:
> > Currently synaptic runs with a very ugly theme on KDE, as it does not
> > seem to follow KDE's theme. That theme seems to be partially broken too.
> >
> > In GNOME synaptic does follow the theme, and it looks quite nice, but not
> > in KDE.
> >
> > How can I change synaptic's theme in KDE?
> >
> > Version info:
> > - synaptic-0.55.3
> > - kde-3.3.0
> > - SuSE Linux 9.2
>
> The simplest way is to use synaptic from GNOME of course, but that's not
> a solution in your case.
>
> There are a few GTK-QT themes that match each other. You should take a
> look at those. There's also some gtk-theme-change-app there:
> http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=6954

I tried them, but no luck. Nevermind, because I solved it.

Your suggestion has put me on track: I found the culprit. After I removed the
package gtk-qt-engine, synaptic used the them I was used to. Thanks! :)

> P.S. You could have found it yourself by using google with the keywords:
> gtk theme qt. Just so you know, if you'd like to look further

Yup, you're quite right, and this is something what I could have said too (and
I did on various other occasions), but I was so clueless that I just did not
think about it. ;)

Cheers,

Leen