synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] First Pre-Release of 0.56 (fresh translation)

From: Vincent van Adrighem
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] First Pre-Release of 0.56 (fresh translation)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:40:24 +0100

Op vr, 19-11-2004 te 23:37 +0100, schreef Michael Vogt:
> Dear Friends,
>
> after synaptic 0.55 had some glitches, we will try to do better with
> 0.56. Therefore we put a pre-version online at:
> http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/synaptic-0.56pre1.tar.gz
>
> It should work fairly well, I did some testing on Debian and Ubuntu
> Linux. As always I would be interessted in feedback from the RPM
> people :)
>
> It contains some i18n updates, removes the glitches of 0.55, needs
> gtk2.4 and adds a first version of the log-file support. All commits
> will be logged and can be viewed under "File/View commit log". It does
> not (yet) log the output of the package-manager, but this is planed as
> a optional feature for the future. When the final 0.56 comes out a
> better Changelog will be written :)
>
> thanks,
>  Michael
Thanks for sharing the tarball. I've updated the translation for the
Dutch language. Could you please commit this for me?

On a side note: when I compile this on my Debian Sid system I get a
"Cannot find Bitstream Vera Sans" error and synaptic won't start. This
is probably some problem with my own build-system. Just thought I'd let
you know, just in case.

Kind regards,
Vincent van Adrighem
--