synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] First Pre-Release of 0.56

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] First Pre-Release of 0.56
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:37:58 +0100

Dear Friends,

after synaptic 0.55 had some glitches, we will try to do better with
0.56. Therefore we put a pre-version online at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/synaptic-0.56pre1.tar.gz

It should work fairly well, I did some testing on Debian and Ubuntu
Linux. As always I would be interessted in feedback from the RPM
people :)

It contains some i18n updates, removes the glitches of 0.55, needs
gtk2.4 and adds a first version of the log-file support. All commits
will be logged and can be viewed under "File/View commit log". It does
not (yet) log the output of the package-manager, but this is planed as
a optional feature for the future. When the final 0.56 comes out a
better Changelog will be written :)

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ