Re: documentation needed

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: documentation needed
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 18:52:50 GMT

    * remove things that have no reason to exist anymore I18N_PERL_HASH
      IGNORE_PREAMBLE_TEXT NEW_CROSSREF_STYLE USE_NLS USE_UNICODE
      SEPARATE_DESCRIPTION

    * comment out things that could reappear some day
      ENCODING_NAME  IN_ENCODING L2H* SPLIT_INDEX WORDS_IN_PAGE

I just did that.

    Now for the customization part, I think that for now we should just
    put that in a big ignore block

You mean the entire Output Customization chapter, right?

It seems like we should at least say something about how init files are
found, even if we don't want to describe what can go in them just now.
Maybe that amounts to moving the Loading Init Files node to under
texi2any.

Are there particular init files we install (and support)?  Seems like
documenting their existence could be pretty helpful to people.

Thanks,