Re: upper case in command and end of sentence

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: upper case in command and end of sentence
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:52:13 GMT

      @code{PATH}. @env{PATH}. And similar

Ah.  Now that is a different story.  Being inside a command gives
texinfo.tex a chance to reset the \spacefactor (by inserting an empty
hbox with \null [recording these details as I just looked them up :)]),
and so the capital letter has no effect.

  @TeX{}. Also
has this same effect, i.e., the above is an end-of-sentence space
despite the capital X.

Also, the \spacefactor (end-of-sentenceness) is preserved across
@footnote.

    address@hidden C
is not an end of sentence due to the capital letter.  Maybe it should
be.  It would not be hard to change.  I'm not sure if there's a use for
the present behavior.

The same is true for @anchor (preserves \spacefactor), but since @anchor
ignores following spaces, I couldn't quickly figure out an example using
Texinfo.  One using the \relax TeX primitive is

    address@hidden@relax{} B
(The space is not an end of sentence, because of the capital Y.)

Looking at texinfo.tex, those are the only obvious special cases that
are made.