colon in index entry warning

From: Karl Berry
Subject: colon in index entry warning
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:47:25 -0800

Patrice, I am still having trouble accepting the warning about colons in
index entries.
maintain.texi:1211: warning: Index entry in @cindex with : produces invalid
Info: @url{http://bugs.gnu.org}

In many cases, there is nothing to be done.  I am not
going to mangle these index entries:
@cindex @url{http://bugs.gnu.org}

As we've discussed, what we plan to do is implement a way to
automatically/silently make colons, and everything else, work.

Therefore, I see no reason for anyone to be bothered with new warnings
now.  It will just cause useless consternation.  Anyone who actually
cared about the problem has fixed it already, since it has existed since
day one.

So, how about removing this warning?

Thanks,