Re: 5-arg xref to Top w/o 3rd arg

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: 5-arg xref to Top w/o 3rd arg
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:49:53 -0800

    url should be on the manual name.

Agreed.

    you prefer the automatic removal of Top node to be in html too instead
    of keeping two cases?

Yes, I think it would.  I think the result reads better, besides being
simpler to explain.  The whole idea is to avoid saying in the visible
text "See Section `Top' in <manual>", when what's being referred to is
the whole manual.

I'm not sure if it's better for the url target to be something like
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/index.html#Top
or just
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/index.html
or even
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/

I imagine one way or the other will be better for you.  They all seem ok
to me.

    For DocBook, it seems to me that it makes sense to remove the Top
    node from the citation message, ok?

Yes.

Thanks,