Re: perl documentation to texinfo

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: perl documentation to texinfo
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:51:50 -0800

    Maybe detect it when converting to texinfo and upping the section at
    that time?

Sounds fine to me.

    Maybe providing a more general texinfo tree manipulation
    function that fills the gaps in sectioning levels?

How are you going to fill the gap?  If you mean synthesize an internal
=head2 which doesn't produce any output, that sounds ok too.

    The next 2 issues should certainly be handled by the node protection
    stuff

Agreed.  But for now, how about either deleting or transliterating the
problematic characters?  E.g., use _xxxx as we do for htmlxref.  We
might not want to publish the result, but I would find it very useful to
have the perlpods in Info for actual work :).

    warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious

For now, I think that one can just be ignored.  The spurious xref is
harmless, as a practical matter.

Thanks,