Re: an implementation of pod2texi

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: an implementation of pod2texi
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 10:27:53 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 02:10:12PM -0800, Karl Berry wrote:

> 2) Meaning, incorporate all the crazy hoops you had to jump through to get
> i18n to work in tp?  That does not sound good.

No, no need for that, there are no strings as in tp/ put in the document.
There is no way to specify a language for Pod anyway, so this should not
be an issue for some time.

> that the output texi for such doesn't include any English.  The --help
> string or whatever from the tool itself is less important.  (And the
> whole issue can be postponed).

The strings are indeed the --help string and maybe warning about files
not existing or the like.  So, postponing/forgetting.

>     Still something around 10 modules documentations.
>
> I asked about pages, not modules :).  If it's 10 *pages*, that's no big
> deal and we could put it in the main manual.  But I suspect it's a lot
> more, in which case it would be better separate.  The FSF wouldn't
> appreciate the extra cost of printing 50 pages in the paper version of
> the manual that they sell.

It is 40/50 pages depending on the level chosen.  And I guess it will only
grow.  So it certainly deserves a separate manual.  I think I will do
that, in a doc/ subdirectory.  Indeed, pod2texi creates a texi file for
each pod/pm file, so it'd be simpler and cleaner in a sub-directory.

Ok?

--
Pat