Re: spaces after command name

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: spaces after command name
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:48:02 -0700

    To me "@ followed by a letter or a word,
         followed by an argument within braces."
    means that there is nothing between the "letter or a word" and the
    opening brace of the argument.

I cannot argue with your interpretation, yet there is room for ambiguity...
There was never an intent to forbid spaces there, since that was never
the case in practice.

    I can do that, sure.

Great, let's.

    The other possibility would be to force all
    users to remove those spaces...

Seems to me like useless busywork to foist on them.

When we talked about this earlier, I more or less expected that nobody
would have put spaces there, because, why would they.  But clearly
people have, when the first pretest turns up a report.  So I'm not
inclined to push the strictness.

thanks,