Re: @center @image text

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: @center @image text
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:52:33 +0100

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 03:08:41PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     That is not something easy to do with the current design.
>
> Can you just disable centering for included images?
> Like I said, that would be greatly preferable to the current
> mangling.

No, centering (or flushright) happens for a whole text when the
center (or flushright) is closed, such that the information that there
was an @image (or any other command) is lost.

So, I think I'll just add some information to know which lines
should not be modified.

But now there is another question.  There are 2 cases for @image, if
there is only a text file then the image text is output as is and
the formatting is done by makeinfo.  In that case, it is not completly
clear what to do for inline images, but lets not deal with that.

For the other case, in which there are also other some binary files, the
images informations are in special a directive

  address@hidden src="<image file>"
                 (text="<txt file contents>")?
                 (alt="<alt text>")?
     address@hidden

Is it really correct to change the image text in that case?  Or shouldn't
the Info reader only do something based, for example on what happens for
the first line?  Or based on an additional information we could embed
in the image, like the indentation, or whether the image is inline or
not?

--
Pat