Re: a tentative plan for the after release

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: a tentative plan for the after release
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 00:07:14 GMT

    That part of the API is already stabilized

I see.  Ok, sounds good to me.  I told Arnold.  We'll see if he actually
has time/interest in writing such a thing.

    I could add this sentence to the Texinfo::Convert::Converter module
    documentation...

Yes please.  Here it is for convenience :).

  My gut feeling, but I am certainly very biased, is that, in fact,
  there is already enough documentation to write a new backend, by using
  the modules documentations for the API, and then the best
  documentation is the existing backends, with TextContent.pm and
  Texinfo.pm/PlainTexinfo.pm as examples of trivial backends, Text.pm an
  example of a less trivial but still simplistic backend, DocBook.pm a
  real converter not too complex and the others as specific and/or
  rather complex backends, too complex, in fact, to be used as
  'documenation' or starting points.

Thanks,