Re: perl 5.18.0 perldoc failure

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: perl 5.18.0 perldoc failure
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 12:04:18 +0200

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 05:49:11PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Patrice,
>
> As you may have noticed, there's a new stable version of perl, 5.18.0.
> So I tried generating the perldoc-all.texi manual from it, as in
>   cd contrib/perldoc-all
>   wget http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/perl-5.18.0.tar.gz
>   tar xf perl-5.18.0
>   make

I investigated, and indeed there are still issues with X<> and get_title
in pod simple.  I reported the issue (and another one):

So hopefully this should be solved.

I don't think that ignoring X<> is correct in the long term, but
hopefully all the issues will find will get corrected in pod simple.

--
Pat