Re: @inlinenot* or something like that

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: @inlinenot* or something like that
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:48:01 GMT

    What about @inlineset{flag, something}, @inlineclear, and @inlineifset
    [and @inlineifclear]

Sounds fine.  I don't anticipate special problems in TeX.

    or @inlineif, maybe with only one command used for @inlineifset and
    @inlineifclear?

In this case, my inclination is to have the two @inlineif{set,clear}
commands that exactly parallel the non-inline conditionals.

    @inlinefmt{info, do something in info, do something for other formats}.
    It is not clear that it is possible to implement that in TeX.

It should be doable.  @xref, @image and other commands also have
optional comma-delimited arguments, so I don't see any special reason
why this would be different.

    all we could make a new commmand, say @inlinefmtifelse, so users
    have to be aware that they have to use @comma.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

    that I think that we should do a bugfix release as at least one important
    bug was fixed (accept the same character in @value as in @set).

Yes, I agree we should do a release asap.  I wouldn't necessarily mind
doing a release without the new conditionals, but there are enough bugs
in the backlog that I'm sure I won't get through them all before you
implement them, and the TeX implementations should be (fingers crossed)
straightforward enough.

Thanks,