Re: awk texindex switch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: awk texindex switch
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 17:14:24 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 03:05:57 -0700
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > If it's about having to invoke texindex.awk via a shell script, then
> > we should provide a batch file to do the same on Windows, similar to
> > what I submitted to Groff lately.
>
> I think this is the main point where Karl is requesting your input.

OK, I took a look at texindex/texindex.in, and I have a question: why
doesn't it try to look for the Awk script in "../share/texinfo"
relative to the place where the shell script produced from texindex.in
will be installed?  That way, one can move the entire installation
tree to a different place, and things will still work.