Re: Report on running makeinfo test suite on a Solaris 10 installation

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: Report on running makeinfo test suite on a Solaris 10 installation
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:36:22 +0200

Hi Gavin,

Am 25.07.2015 um 21:55 schrieb Gavin Smith:
> Here are my experiences trying to get the test suite for makeinfo to
> run on a Solaris 11 system, provided by OpenCSW (www.opencsw.org).
> Although there is an automatic build
> (https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/waterfall?category=texinfo),
> in fact the tests for makeinfo (in the tp/t subdirectory) are all
> skipped, because these tests need a couple of extra modules.
>
> Dagobert copied into this email in case other people testing on your
> systems do similar things.

Sure. Some notes:

- the buildbot currently only compiles on Solaris 10. I can add a Solaris 11
  build if you consider this useful

- the Perl used should be /opt/csw/bin/perl as it is both newer and we
  provide more modules for it. For this it would be good to be able to
  explicitly pass the perl interpreter (like PERL=/opt/csw/bin/perl)

- if additionally Perl modules are needed just let me know, we have quite
  a lot packaged and this is the preferred way to deploy them on the
  buildfarm.

Best regards

  -- Dago