Re: Report on running makeinfo test suite on a Solaris 10 installation

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Report on running makeinfo test suite on a Solaris 10 installation
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 10:53:50 +0100

On 26 July 2015 at 10:36, Dagobert Michelsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 25.07.2015 um 21:55 schrieb Gavin Smith:
>> Here are my experiences trying to get the test suite for makeinfo to
>> run on a Solaris 11 system, provided by OpenCSW (www.opencsw.org).
>> Although there is an automatic build
>> (https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/waterfall?category=texinfo),
>> in fact the tests for makeinfo (in the tp/t subdirectory) are all
>> skipped, because these tests need a couple of extra modules.
>>
>> Dagobert copied into this email in case other people testing on your
>> systems do similar things.
>
> Sure. Some notes:
>
> - the buildbot currently only compiles on Solaris 10. I can add a Solaris 11
>   build if you consider this useful

I meant Solaris 10.

A Solaris 11 build can only help, especially if it has many users as
version 10, and/or if there are significant differences between them
that might cause lossage.

> - the Perl used should be /opt/csw/bin/perl as it is both newer and we
>   provide more modules for it. For this it would be good to be able to
>   explicitly pass the perl interpreter (like PERL=/opt/csw/bin/perl)

I believe that's the one that the buildbot uses, because of its PATH.
For building manually, I can either change PATH, or I think
"./configure PERL=/opt/csw/bin/perl" works as well.

> - if additionally Perl modules are needed just let me know, we have quite
>   a lot packaged and this is the preferred way to deploy them on the
>   buildfarm.

I think Data::Compare and Test::Deep are the two that are needed.