3 Requests

From: Randall Sawyer
Subject: 3 Requests
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 19:08:02 -0400

Request 1) Config file syntax specifiaction.
The app 'makeinfo' defines a path and then searches it for a file named 'Config' which contains options and variables. In reading the texinfo documentation, I have not found a description of the expected format of said file(s). Could this lack please be met?

Request 2) Standardize naming conventions of variables.
My efforts to read and comprehend the contents of the various perl packages employed by 'makeinfo' and friends is daunting. A clear indicator of what was to come in my learning curve is in "20.6.2 Customization Variables and Options". Why are the variables a mishmash of uppercase, lowercase, delimited-words and non-delimited-words? I realize that if this situation were to be remedied, then there would need to be means to handle backwards-compatibility.

Request 3) Generic Texinfo::Structure object
Other than the debugging option - which I would prefer employ YAML::Dump rather that Dumper - there is no handy way to convert the contents of a texino file into a generic perl object. That is something I would like indeed. At some point, I am willing - though currently not able - to upgrade this request to an offer.