[Texmacs-dev] More comments on David's document

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] More comments on David's document
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:57:09 +0200 (MET DST)

* The use of the term "edit tree" is incorrect in your document.
  In TeXmacs it is just the tree which is being edited.

  In your dia picture, you should replace "source tree"
  by "source ttree" and "edit tree" by "ttree ready for rendering".
  You may also make it clearer that the rewriting process can
  be a *chain* of several steps.

* Do we prefer "rewriting" or "transforming"?

* The description of stree (ttree) is bad:
  it is merely a tree with information about
  the corresponding source locations;
  this point should be made more clear.

* The specification of the "force" method is bad:
  is has type "box force (void)" or "tree force (tree)".
  Indeed, the forcing is used in order the force
  the typesetting of the ttree associated to
  exactly this rewriter.

* Remove section 3.5; this information is non relevant here.
  You should just mentioned that the last rewriter in the chain
  does the rendering, either on the screen or by monitoring
  events on stdout.

* Please use a nicer layout: justify your text and resist to using
  a two column format for the appendices. Also recheck your document
  for grammatical correctness; I found many spelling errors and
  the use of singular instead of plurial.

* Please do not notify texmacs-users about further changes;
  they now know that these documents exist.

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage