[Texmacs-dev] [Announce] nogencc-0.8

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] [Announce] nogencc-0.8
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:26:19 +0200

New in this release:
--------------------

  New experimental make target ALL_IN_ONE (fails).

  New experimental make target STATIC_AGGREGATE (fails).

  Added ffid4emaner script which does the opposite of rename4diff.

  Replaced new refcounting by old one, operator-> are no longer const
  correct.

  Fixed partial rebuild problem with AGGREGATE target.

About STATIC_AGGREGATE:
-----------------------

  You may notice that the STATIC_AGGREGATE target fails differently than
the official distribution. There, the error message is:

/lib/ld-linux.so.2(*IND*+0x0): multiple definition of `__xstat64'
/lib/ld-linux.so.2(.text+0xc810): first defined here
/lib/ld-linux.so.2(*IND*+0x0): multiple definition of `__fxstat64'
/lib/ld-linux.so.2(.text+0xc9b0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: BFD 2.12.90.0.1 20020307 Debian/GNU Linux assertion fail
../../bfd/elf-strtab.c:262
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

  To me, it looks like a stupid error, but I do not understand what is
going on.

Now, what?
----------

About the static link problem in the official distribution, I WAS using
guile 1.4. Until someone brings me new information, I will consider this
issue out of my competence.

Unless you require me to remove the modifications I made for the sake of
separate compilation (addition of includes and declarations, and creation
of a few header files), I will consider this version stable. Removing
these changes would require at least a couple of days of dull and tedious
work.

I would like you to validate nogencc so I can synch it with 1.0.0.4, and
then move to more interesting work. Now that the new refcounting has been
removed, the conversion script should be easy to understand. That way you
can avoid making a brute force diff on the converted code (which is going
to be long and uninteresting).
--

                                  -- David --