[Texmacs-dev] Using STL

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Using STL
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:03:54 +0200

I am working out the first bits of the transformation system.

I wanted to notify you that I will use STL containers wherever I think it
is appropriate. At the moment I am in need for a sorted associative
container and I am not willing to reinvent one while C++ already provides
this.

However, I will do my best to stay consistent with the rest in the
program. Specifically, I will not do anything which require changes in
other parts of the code BECAUSE of the STL.

Additionnaly I will also stay consistent with the current parameter
passing style (with pointer counting) even though I think it is flawed.
That way we will be able cooly talk out a new parameter passing style
later.

I do not forget merging with 1.0.0.5, I will do it when my head begins to
ache.
--

                                  -- David --