[Texmacs-dev] Various issues with 1.0.0.6

From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Various issues with 1.0.0.6
Date: 28 May 2002 23:07:26 +0200

Hello all,

What are folded, superpose and switch meant to do? I have not found that
explained neither in the accompanying doc nor in the online doc. If you,
Joris, could give a brief explanation, I would test the new features and
also send you a spanish translation of the interface up to date with
1.0.0.6.

I haven't found the new documentation about interfaces in the online
documentation. I spotted some errata and would gladly correct it in the
CVS.

One note more about the online doc: it seems to use a not-so-standard
font (at least my Debian standard TeTeX doesn't find it...). I suggest
using the most standard font (cmr?) for the online doc, so that newbies
don't read their first error message in the console when loading the
online doc.

For me TeXmacs completely blows up when invoking "presentation mode",
even with an empty document.

Related to David's suggestions about keybindings... I mostly agree,
although I think that what is the "next environment" should be part of
the "behaviour sheet" of the style. That is something you can do in
openoffice: select which is the "logically next" environment for a given
one.

That is in the line of the TeXmacs: structure + presentation + behaviour
decoupled motto. However it is true that a given presentation is
attached to each document but behaviours should be attached to user
profiles, not documents.

One final comment regarding keybindigs: from user input I gather that
one of the most useful bindings would be to multiple-line equations (in
absence of the cycling mechanism). Could it be done with multiple $?
Also, my spanish keyboard doesn't seem to have a pound sign... so prog
mode is accesible only from the mouse. Just to let you know.

best, á.

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero
alqua.com, la red en estudio