Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs 1.0.0.7

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs 1.0.0.7
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:37:56 +0200

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 18:03, Stéphane Payrard wrote:

> TeXmacs 1.0.0.7 compiles and runs fine with gcc 3.1.1 modulo the
> following patch that remove a spurious default affectation to a formal
> parameter in a .cc It also warns about bogus volatile but that will be
> fixed by the nogencc patch from David.

I do not think that nogencc will fix the volatile problem. If I am right
it a problem with fatal_error. Joris told me that this function is marked
volatile because:

1. it does not return;

2. where it is used, it prevent the compiler from warning because there
is an execution path which does not return a value.

Actually, I think we could find a way around that problem in looking in
macros like "assert_not_reached" (or something like that) in glib. I have
not tried, but there is the same problem there so the glib folks
hopefully fixed is the Right Way. Anyway that is not going in before
nogencc is merged with mainline.

Since Joris has accepted the patch, I will merge it in the next nogencc
release so it can be merged with mainline in the next unstable. I think
you can expect the last nogencc (with a minor fix in hashmap.hh, proper
support for TeXmacs-misc, and a good test round on available compile
farms) at the end of next week.
--

                                  -- David --