Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Problem

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Problem
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:47:53 +0200

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 01:24:32PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Claire Sausset wrote:
>
> > the version of TeXmacs is 1.0
> > the environment variables are set as they should be.
> > i tried to compile a static version of TeXmacs
> > but there was the same problem that is to say when i want to run texmacs
> > &, i have this message :
> >  texmacs.bin: Cannot find ELF

On a linux box, these are the first characters of an ELF
executable. It is probably the same on Solaris box (I don't have
access to such a box) or is it (endianness)?  It seems that the file
texmacs.bin is found but that OS does not recognize it as a
executable. Are you sure you are executing the file on the same
architecture you have compiled it?

--
 stef