Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: News and questions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: News and questions
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:53:05 -0600 (MDT)

    > I hope you will use GTK so as to fit in best with the GNU system.

    The problem is that it does not seem to port to Windows quite well.

What does that mean?

    What about wxWindows? Did you get any feedback about that project?

I don't know anything about it.

    > I don't follow--how does the license of Windows Qt encourage end
    > users to switch from Windows to GNU/Linux or *BSD?

    Because users are offered the same product for free on a free OS.

I still don't see the connection.  You can "offer the same product"
with another toolkit instead.