Re: [Texmacs-dev] Double licensing or exceptional clauses

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Double licensing or exceptional clauses
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:43:20 +0200

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 04:32:03PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> I may want menu items with symbols or mathematical formulas, or pictures,
> or whatever. A well designed GUI should leave this possibility open.

Of course.

> I will provide a user preference option for letting the user use
> non-Metafont fonts. This will be default on platforms with a coherent
> user interface like Mac OS, but disabled on X. You may not like this,
> but I and many other users like it very much, so it will be kept
> like that...

So, if I sum up, the only compelling reason to use Qt we have left is
to ease the implementation of an optional feature on MacOS and Win32?

Is that reason enough to change the license? I do not think so.
Especially considering how thorny are licensing problems.

PS: I do not think that the "portable toolkit" is a good idea. More on
this later.

--

                             -- David --