Re: [Texmacs-dev] Some questions on cvs

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Some questions on cvs
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:33:48 +0200

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 08:35:16PM +0200, Michèle Garoche wrote:
> Is there a way to commit some files that have changed, but not all.
>
> e.g. I change /toto/tutu, /tata/vovo, /pupu/roro
>
> but the roro file is not finished yet, so I don't want to commit it, I
> just want to commit tutu and vovo.
>
> At the moment, when I commit only a file, I type:
>
> cd thedirectorywherethefileislocated
> commit thefile
>
> May I type something like this:
>
> cd  thedirectorywherethetexmacs-doctreeislocated
> commit toto/tutu tata/vovo
>
> I don't want to make experiment with the texmacs-doc cvs tree and
> transform it into a big mess, that's why I ask the question and don't
> try without to be sure I can do it without damage.

I glanced at the documentation, and it looks right.

Anyway, do not be afraid to experiment. Unless you are doing "cvs
remove" it will be easy to revert any accidental change since CVS
keeps an history of modification for all files and allows to revert to
an older revision.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org