[Texmacs-dev] Re: Guile Cygwin

From: Dan Martens
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Guile Cygwin
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:20:01 -0400

Hi Joris,

Things are at a stand-still here until we get some pending exams and
assignments out of the way.  We should be able to pick it up again in a couple
weeks.
As for guile, my partner in charge of the guile issue has advised me that he
found some sort of windows solution.  What it is I am not sure, but I will ask
him next time we meet.
As for my end, things are going reasonably well.  I ran into some places where
code has to be reorganized and rewritten due to fork() and execl() calls which
do not exist, nor does windows allow this type of functionality.  There is
quite a simple workaround, but it will require a small change in the way child
processes are kicked off by texmacs.
I have added my name to the wiki, and will soon add a section relating to our
work, when there is something important to say.
I have not been posting to the newsgroup, as I have not seen any reason to
crowd the group with meaningless messages.  I will however start posting all
our correspondances there if that is what you wish.
Please let me know if that QT version is working.  If so we may be able to use
that with a bit of tweaking.

Dan

--

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:27:39
 Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

>Hi Dan,
>
>> OK, I found a Cygwin implementation of Guile, but there can still be
>> problems with this in reference to file paths and wildcards apparently.
>> I'm gonna try it and hope for the best.
>
>Did you manage to get things working?
>
>Please send further mail about the Windows port to address@hidden,
>so that other people who are interested by a Windows port may help.
>
>Notice also that I created a page on our Wiki
>
>       http://alqua.com/tmresources/porting%20TeXmacs%20to%20Windows
>
>It might be a good idea to add your name to this page and
>to create another small page on the Wiki which summarizes your progress.
>
>Best wishes and thanks for your help,
>
>Joris

Get 250 full-color business cards FREE right now!
http://businesscards.lycos.com