Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Guile Cygwin

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Guile Cygwin
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:25:58 +0200

Hi Dan,

[snipped]

> Hi Dan,
> That is very helpful. I noticed that several people want to help porting
> TeXmacs to Windows (about three to five). Of course, everyone has his/her
> own ideas on this, and some people may turn out not to do very much.
> But in any case, it is good to share experiences and ideas and
> that is why the Wiki is an interesting tool.

I certainly cannot help here. I don't know Windows.

> > I have not been posting to the newsgroup, as I have not seen any reason
> > to crowd the group with meaningless messages.  I will however start
> > posting all our correspondances there if that is what you wish.
>
> This is a bit the same story as above. If you have a specific problem,
> even if it seems small to you, then you should post it to address@hidden,
> because several people are likely to encounter the same problem and
> other people as me might help you.
>
> > Please let me know if that QT version is working.  If so we may be able
> > to use that with a bit of tweaking.

Currently I have not worked on porting the ps_device to use
QPainter. This would probably be the part that would have helped you
if you had choosen Qt as a toolkit.

I will update the wiki and nemo.mongueurs.net to keep people posted on
my progress. Anyway I am taking a somewhat circuitous path because I
indend to use Perl and PerlQt so as to eventually keep only the editor
window. Porting to Qt is not a end to me, just a mean.

Also, it seems that for licensing reasons, a non Qt port would be a
good thing. What library do you intend to use?

--
 stef