Re: [Texmacs-dev] Segmentation fault with gcc 3.2

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Segmentation fault with gcc 3.2
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 16:27:18 +0100 (MET)

Hi *,

I have done some further tests... I put a lot of older versions
of TeXmacs on ftp.texmacs.org in pub/TeXmacs/old-targz.
In particular, I have tested with the last stable version
before guile was included (0.2.4a-fix) and the first stable
version after (0.2.5-1-fix). The "-fix" was added in order to
fix some compilation problems with g++-3.2.

I noticed no segmentation faults with 0.2.4a nor with 0.2.5-1
on autosaving. I played a bit around with the older versions and
there did not seem to be any bugs whatsoever.

So now comes the big request for volunteering developers:
what is the first version of TeXmacs where the segmentation
fault occurs when compiling with Cygwin? We may use some
kind of binary splitting algorithm in order to find this out.
With this information we should be able to hunt the bug down...

Of course, all this is a bit tricky, because the bug might be hidden
in older versions. Indeed, it may still be present, without being
detected in a reliable way by the autosave criterion...

Yours, Joris