[Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs on Cygwin finally runs - How can I contribute

From: Stephan Mucha
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs on Cygwin finally runs - How can I contribute in the further development?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:23:55 +0100

>> That is an old topic. Generally, I think it is good to spend time to
>> improve transparence and horizontal communication, but you seem to
>> prefer vertical communication.

>I am starting to get really irritated by this type of insinuations.
>I have made a big effort to communicitate my ideas on future development
>on this mailing list. Now I am not going to summarize my ideas in thousand
>different ways for every potential type of user or developer. If you want
>to do so, then nobody withholds you from that; the information is
>available in the mailing list archives.

I do not know really much about the free software community, and I do
not know much about the TeXmacs community. It seems to me, that with
free software is done a great job, and this is especially true for
TeXmacs, like the lot of "I'm really enthusiastic about the
program ... " messages of newbies show.

I'm a little bemused that in such communities there is often a
tendency of discussions to run into aggression. Maybe this is because
of the amount of work that done by developers.

As far as I see, David and Joris are the most active people in the
development of the program. So I think that any kind of annoyance
between them is really counterproductive.

I don't feel in the position to give anyone an advice. But I wanted to
say that is a pity if argument about minor things (compared to the TeXmscs
project!) is done in that way.

--
Regards,

Stephan Mucha