Re: [Texmacs-dev] A file that crashes

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] A file that crashes
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 18:50:08 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

> The following file crashes TeXmacs 1.0.1, at least on this
> machine. Deleting any part of this file (the displayed
> formula, either paragraph, or the initialization material
> at the end) results in a file that does not crash.
>
> On loading the file, it is correctly displayed, but moving
> the cursor around in the file quickly produces a
> segmentation fault. For example if you place the cursor
> at the end of the file and move up four lines, the crash
> occurs when you reach the the end of the first paragraph.

Thanks for isolating this very annoying bug.
I will take a look at it as soon as I will have time.
Here is an even shorter version:

<TeXmacs|1.0.1.3>

<\body>
  <\expand|equation*>
    .
  </expand>

  It may be checked directly that these three matrices satisfy the
  commutation relations (<reference|sltwoarcr>).

  The bilinear form <with|mode|math|B(x,y)=<frac|1|2>> on is symmetric and
  invariant, as one easily checks.

<\initial>
  <\collection>
    <associate|paragraph width|6in>
    <associate|odd page margin|1.25in>
    <associate|page right margin|1.25in>
    <associate|page top margin|1.7in>
    <associate|reduction page right margin|0.7in>
    <associate|page type|letter>
    <associate|reduction page bottom margin|0.3in>
    <associate|even page margin|1.25in>
    <associate|reduction page left margin|0.7in>
    <associate|page bottom margin|1in>
    <associate|reduction page top margin|0.3in>
    <associate|magnification|1.2>
    <associate|language|english>
  </collection>
</initial>