Re: [Texmacs-dev] Windows Progress

From: david
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Windows Progress
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:05:13 +0100

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:52:31AM -0500, Dan Martens wrote:
> Well, after a few long and hard days of work, I have the Texmacs GUI
> up in Windows! :)
>
> I is not by any means completely functional, but the
> drawing/painting of the widgets appears to be working. Resizing and
> moving of window is fairly good, but can be a little choppy at
> times. It appears the choppiness may not be easily solved due to
> some inherent architectural problems between texmacs, X and windows.
> It is hard to mesh the three together.
>
> Just wanted to let you know that things are moving along very well,
> and I hope to have the port completed sometime in mid march, or even
> sooner.

I am happy to see that things are going well on your front.

Just one question which does not seem to be answered in the mailing
list archives: what compiler are you using? Is it gcc-mingw,
gcc-cygwin, Visual Studio or something else?

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org