Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: DRD's and further name changes

From: david
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: DRD's and further name changes
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:37:22 +0100

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 02:21:14PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > From now on, the DRD system has been officially connected to
> > the core of the TeXmacs/Guile/Scheme extension language.
> > I again changed some of the naming conventions.
> > In TeXmacs-1.0.1.6, the new names will be
> >
> >   tm-define         ; function definition
> >   tm-macro          ; macro definition (upcoming)
> >   tm-routine        ; as tm-define with environment (upcoming)
> >   tm-action         ; as tm-routine, of type (->) (upcoming)
> >   tm-properties     ; add properties a posteriori (upcoming)
> >
> >   kbd-map           ; keyboard mapping
> >   kbd-wildcard      ; keyboard wildcards
> >
> >   menu-set          ; define a menu
> >   menu-append       ; append to a menu

That part seems quite clear to me.

> I changed the last two ones to menu-bind and menu-extend.
> You may also pass a list (menu-name sub1 ... subn)
> as the first argument.

That is good news. My question is, how does that interact with linked
menus? Are linked menus resolved when traversing the (menu-name ...)
path?

> >   drd-rules         ; define DRD-rules
> >   drd-group         ; define a DRD-group
> >   drd-table         ; define a DRD-table
> >   drd-dispatcher    ; define a DRD-dispatcher (upcoming)
> >   drd-in?           ; membership test for DRD-groups
> >   drd-ref           ; DRD-table lookup
> >   drd-dispatch              ; dispatch using DRD-dispatcher (upcoming)
> >
> >   ==                        ; synonym for equal?
> >   match?            ; match a regular tree expression
> >   define-grammer    ; define regular expression grammar

All that part (except ==) is quite new (it seems that match? has new
features)... That is probably not going to be clear until interested
people had the time to study how that will be used in the upcoming
releases.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org