[Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs1.01, guile-1.6.3, --deprecated

From: Benedikt Birkenbach
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs1.01, guile-1.6.3, --deprecated
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:12:02 +0100

Hi there,

address@hidden wrote:

Does installing GUILE without --deprecated=yes fix your problem?

No this was not the Problem... I think the deprecated option has no effect in compiling TeXmacs.

The weird thing is that TeXmacs uses exactly such a kludge. You can
see it in 'install_texmacs()' in 'src/Basic/System/dir.cc'.

I think the Problem is, that if the $GUILE_LOAD_PATH-variable is not set, then TeXmacs can't run, because install_texmacs() asks for the variable. To avoid this Problem, a Test in the texmacs start skript like

is $GUILE_LOAD_PATH set?
yes {go on}
no {ask the guile-config how to set}
# sorry not a working skript, but i can do if u want ;-)

would solve the Problem. But maybe it is was just my Problem, because I didnt set the LOAD_PATH ...

Greetings

B.Birkenbach

|____  | |____  | www.thinkin23.net  |0171++|
 ____| |    __| | www.monofunk.net   |5743++|