[Texmacs-dev] Keyboard shorthands for [d]dagger

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Keyboard shorthands for [d]dagger
Date: 27 Feb 2003 18:41:09 -0700

Hi!

What's wrong with adding

("+ var" "<dagger>")
("+ var var" "<ddagger>")

to kbd-math.scm ?  After all, those shorthands refer only to math mode,
so they would affect only the math version of dagger and ddagger.

My motivation for using a variation of '+' is the following:
The adjoint of a matrix A is usually denoted by A^+ .  In Quantum
Mechanics, there's a pair of operators, adjoints of each other, one of
which is denoted by 'a'.  Not only is it not uppercase, like matrices
usually are, but its adjoint is not denoted by a^+, but by a^\dagger.
This is the reason I chose "+ var" for the dagger shorthand.  The
ddagger shorthand is obvious.

Cheers !