Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch 1168

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch 1168
Date: 27 Feb 2003 18:24:25 -0700

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 10:12, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 06:36, address@hidden wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 01:00:35AM -0700, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Please drop Patch #1168 from savannah.  I have submitted a new one,
> > > which makes use of David's new table library.  The new one is 1189.
> >
> > Sorry, I do not have the time to write a thourough answer.
> >
> > I posted patch 1192 which implements your changes to tmtable in a
> > way which fits in the planned evolution of that module. Please update
> > your patch to tmtex.scm accordingly.
>
> OK, but then, please drop 1189 as well, since I'm going to have to
> rewrite it, restrict myself to tmtex, and use the accessors you have
> provided.  I will rewrite the patch today at around 18:00 -0700 == 02:00
> +0100 and I will let you know via this thread.

Done. It's patch 1195.

> > I agree that now tmtable is cluttered, it will be refactored later.
>
> Well, there's a lot of information, so there must be many accessors.  Do
> you think you can refactor without changing the call interface ?  I
> mean, (p 'cols 'rborder) should still work, even after refactor, correct
> ?
>

> > Also, tmtex and tmhtml include test suites in tmtex-test.scm and
> > tmhtml-test.scm. If you change tmtex, please update the test suite
> > accordingly.
>
> OK.

I did make a small change:  If you have a

(colwith "1" "cell bborder" "1ln")

you will no longer end up with "|c|c|", because the colwith statement
with a bborder argument says nothing about vertical borders.

> > If you change tmtable, please check that all conversion test suite
> > still run correctly.
>
> Well, that hasn't happened yet, but, for when it does, OK.

I /have/ corrected a few copy/paste errors that were breaking LaTeX
creation (i.e., instead of LaTeX code, the .tex file contained Scheme
error messages).  They are in patch #1195 as well.  Nothing major, just
the kinds of things you forget to do when you copy/paste code.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to execute these test suites.  I have
tried adding either of the followings to my my-init-texmacs.scm file,
but I got an "unbound variable" error in both cases:

(regtest-tmtex-table)

(regtest-tmtex)

Consequently, I was unable to verify the test suites, even the small
change I made in tmtex-test.scm . I was also unable to add new tests to
the tmtex test suite, although I did test my code by converting this
file (attached["*.tm"]) to LaTeX to correctly obtain all table borders
(attached["*.pdf"]).  I have also converted the same file to html, and
it seems OK, although I don't know what the capabilities of the html
converter are.

One bug does, however, come to mind:  If I set, say, a column border to
"0ln", it will still show up in my LaTeX, because TeXmacs does not
remove "0ln" cwith entries from the list of cwith entries.  How /do/ you
remove a border once set ? Do you simply type "0" for the border width,
and not "0ln" ?

TGIF ! (well, in some parts of the world  - not yet here.:o) )