Re: [Texmacs-dev] French translation devel branch

From: Michèle Garoche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] French translation devel branch
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:32:28 +0200

Le mardi, 29 avr 2003, à 11:46 Europe/Paris, Joris van der Hoeven a écrit :

2 - Do you use any magnifying factor to integrate them in TeXmacs
document. Those in $HOME/.TeXmacs seem very small when inserting into a
file, not the same size as in all other doc files.
The default import at shrinking factor = 4.
Mine is 5, so I have to change it.

3 - Where can I find the original icon files? Some in
texmacs-doc/images/pixmaps do not come in the doc (problem with depth).
I have to change them at least for testing purpose.
I could not solve this issue in a satisfactory way either.
All icons are in misc/pixmaps.
Which one? I have one set in /sw/share/TeXmacs/doc (Fink port), another one in my cvs repository and finally another one in $HOME/.TeXmacs/. They don't exactly match one with the others. And of course, another one in the directory I expanded the web site tarball.

4 - The screenshots on the web sites do not correspond anymore to the
TeXmacs window (I've not checked the other screenshots used in other
parts of documentation but I'll guess this could be the same). So I've
changed some of them since it can be very confusing for the user not to
retrieve the same GUI. OK?
Yes. Nevertheless, text is more urgent than the images.
People can easily imagine changes in the image,
but they can't invent the text ;^)
Yes, of course :-) But it's a breeze to have the text: one minute or so to download the tarball, half an hour to match the already existing files in the cvs repository to the files in the tarball (already done yesterday) just to have a correct tree, 5 minutes to duplicates two arbitrary files (one with branch tags, another with detailed contents) in as many files as wanted to have the right tree with some new names and make the correct branching, and just a plain select all, copy, paste from the browser in Mac OS X (I use Camino) to TeXmacs under XDarwin. Then two minutes per files to change some layout features, integrate some macros and check for misspelling. If you ask me, the web site was converted into TeXmacs tmdoc format in an hour as far as text issues were concerned. Then the most part of the work is to change the screenshots. That's why I asked about it.

5 - The files corresponding to the branch Getting started: Starting
TeXmacs, Creating a text, User Interfaces on the web site are already
conform to the web site. But as it implies to add a number of new files
(either files which only have branch tags or detailed files) and whose
name I've invented (not sure if they conform strictly to your needs),
I'm currently working outside of cvs, in order not to mess with the
existing files. Is there a way we can work (once I've finished the
whole conversion), so that you can check if the naming is conform,
before I integrate the changes in cvs?
Just send me a tarball.
OK, probably this night.

7 - The balloon help inside a menu do not work on my system (Mac OS
10.2.5), though they work on icon bars. Is it a known bug?
We did not implement balloon help for menu items yet,
although several people requested this feature.
Maybe another idea for the future...
Well, why is there an example of this on the web site???!!! Here:
 <http://www.texmacs.org/Tutorial/Start/Chapter3.html>
the second image (balloon-2.png). Or did I miss something? Maybe it's just a composition of two images?

8- One more question: do you want some screenshots side by side as on the web site. For a part, it's nice to have both pictures side by side, for other part they can be pretty ugly with a higher shrinking factor. At the moment, I've placed them one under the other. I you want me to put them side by side, could you tell me how to do this (maybe in a table, I really don't know, just a guess).

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>