[Texmacs-dev] BUG: searching and functions

From: Leo
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] BUG: searching and functions
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:48:42 -0400

Hi developers,

TeXmacs-1.0.1 search algorithm (invoked by C-s) skips over the portions
of the text coming from the functions.

Here is a smiple but illustrative example:

  <assign|foo|<func|text|<value|text>>>

  <apply|foo|hello world!>

Now try to search for 'world':  C-s world
The search fails even though "hello world" is displayed on the screen.
It looks as though the text strings returned from the functions
are not visited by the search algorithm.

Is it a bug or feature??

BTW, for what I am really doing now I *cannot* use macros!!

--Leo--