Re: [Texmacs-dev] guile-1.6

From: Ralf Treinen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] guile-1.6
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:59:18 +0200

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:28:54AM +0200, Martin Costabel wrote:

> ....Oh, I see you have for 1.0.1.9 a HUGE patch file where among other

In fact, the patch is so huge only because I use a config.sub that is
newer than the one that I found in the texmacs sources.

> things you basically remove the guile-path-detecting intelligence from
> Basic/System/dir.cc and rewrite the configure file. (And the -dNOEPS
> flag for gs! Should have seen this earlier...)

At the time I did the first texmacs package I got bug reports
from users who didn't have the guile-dev package installed. I
still prefer to disable this code since, with package dependencies,
I have enough control about what is installed on the machine.

-Ralf.