Re: [Texmacs-dev] AltGr-Key and XFree86-4.3

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] AltGr-Key and XFree86-4.3
Date: 03 Jun 2003 19:49:43 -0600

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 15:12, David Allouche wrote:
> The correct behaviour is, for example, to have "Alt-a" produce the
> "ae" ligature character. And "Alt-' e" should produce "é" (e acute)
> assuming your keymap has dead keys).

No. "Alt-a" starts an "abbr" (abbreviation, I assume) environment.
"Alt-' e", however, does produce "é" (e acute).

> It seems that problem was that with XFree 4.3 this did not work
> correctly and the Alt key was ignored (as far as it not a TeXmacs
> modifier). This patch is an attempt to fix this problem.

I don't recall messing around with the way TeXmacs maps its modifiers,
but I do know that when I assign, for example "H-something", it never
works.  So far, the only "H-" modifier that works is "H-'" for (rprime
"<dag>").

> PS: another important thing to check is that the numeric keypad
> behaves correctly with respect to NumLock, Caps-Lock and Shift. The
> Shift modifier should reverse the NumLock switch and Caps-Lock should
> have no effect on the keypad.

Yep, works here !

P.S.:  I am running RedHat 9 with XFree86-4.3.0 and sawfish as my window
manager.