Re: Several windows bug [was Re: [Texmacs-dev] Menus pop up in odd place

From: bump
Subject: Re: Several windows bug [was Re: [Texmacs-dev] Menus pop up in odd places]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:55:51 -0700

Joris wrote:

> > > Define "less RAM" .. I run TeXmacs on a P133 w/ 32M of RAM and I haven't
> > > seen this behavior under FVWM.
> > >
> > > Seems related to the window manager, to me.
> >
> > In fact, this was a bug; it has been corrected in the meantime.
>
> Hmm, which version are you using?

Assuming this query is directed to me, I've seen this bug
on several TeXmacs versions, including I believe but cannot
positively state 1.0.1.14. It definitely occurs in 1.0.1.10.

It happens most frequently on two machines with small
resources running Redhat Linux 7.2 (hence an older
version of Sawmill) but it also has occurred on a
bigger machine running Redhat 7.3. On that machine
I've only seen it happen seldom, when editing a very
large (.8Mb) TeXmacs document, with quite a few other
processes such as Netscape running.

Daniel Bump