Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for version 1.0.1.15

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for version 1.0.1.15
Date: 29 Jun 2003 19:35:40 -0600

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 09:54, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> This should work:
>
>       \caption{\protect\[ ... \protect\]}
>
> (see "moving arguments" in the LaTeX book)

Unfortunately, this does not protect fragile commands inside the
protected \[ \] pair.  In TeXmacs, AFAICT, /anything/ may show up in the
caption.  Consequently, in the converter, I would have to recurse down
through the caption and add a \protect in front of all fragile
commands.  This means that I would have to have a list of fragile
commands handy - an extensive list from what I hear.