Re: [Texmacs-dev] Responder: Re: TeXmacs Powered CAS documentation

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Responder: Re: TeXmacs Powered CAS documentation
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:27:32 +0200

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:25:56PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> May be we need some kind of tags at the future to keep versions
> sincroniced, something similar to the SysTrans software system. That
> tags will be useful to use TeXmacs in translation projects. In this way
> you can have some kind of control to know wich paragraph correspond with
> wich one in the translated version (just and idea).

What is Systrans?

In TeXmacs, the current philosophy is to implement sectioning in very
small files, each of which contains only a single documentation
"page"... but you already know that since you have worked on the
spanish translation of TeXmacs online manual.

I do not know a good tool to help work with translations. I have seen
the KDE folks use the .po tools over SGML, maybe this approach could
be relevant here too.

Another approach might be using external XML data (mostly XLink) to
record the page boundaries which are used in the texmacs
documentation. An automated tool could then split the upstream
documentation in small xhtml documents, each one associated with a
texmacs documentation page.

This approach, however, would require a very significant initial
investement to create the sectioning data, and would probably also
require quite a bit of maintenance.
--
                                                            -- ddaa