Re: [Texmacs-dev] Towards TeXmacs-1.0.2

From: Gregory Wright
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Towards TeXmacs-1.0.2
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:15:12 -0400

Apart from that, TeXmacs will be feature and
reorganization frozen for a month and a half or so and
the main effort will go to the correction of the most severe bugs.

Hi,

1.0.1.20 still fails to build on mac OS X 10.2.6. The problem is a naming conflict with a system header file ('unistd.h'). TeXmacs uses 'struct link'
which redefines the symbol 'link'.  This was brought up in the
thread '1.0.1.17 build failure'.

As David mentioned before, we can either put the TeXmacs internal symbols
into a different namespace or just rename 'struct link'.

As far as I know, there is still the problem with starting sessions (shell, guile or any CAS) when using guile-1.6. I'll be happy to figure that out if someone
will decide the correct approach to the namespace problem above.

Best Wishes,
Greg