Re: [Texmacs-dev] Towards TeXmacs-1.0.2

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Towards TeXmacs-1.0.2
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:10:15 +0200

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 10:42:18AM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

>   2) Internal DRD's and guile layer for opertations on 'tmobj's
>      (which will be a unification of TeXmacs trees and S-expressions).

Actually, the "tmobj" library seems quite a complicated issue. If I
had to tackle this, I would probably have a in-depth look into the DOM
specification, which seems to be a thoroughly thought-out API for
accessing and operating on tree-structured information.

I do not mean TeXmacs must conform to DOM. Just that there are
probably some good ideas to take there. In addition, claiming a
DOM-conformant API would probably be a good thing, commercially.

The TeXmacs data DRD mostly is another matter.

But since you seem to plan on doing these things yourself, I'll see
what is coming while I'll be working on HTML and MathML with pure STM
(TeXmacs data as Scheme)

--
                                                            -- ddaa