[Texmacs-dev] error connecting to Xserver

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] error connecting to Xserver
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:43:27 +0100 (CET)

This problem occurs for me only with one recently installed Redhat 9
machine, after logging in to this machine via ssh from a windows machine
with cygwin's XWin as X-window manager (used texmacs version 1.0.2.5):

Installation completed successfully !
I will now start up the editor
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for localhost

Fatal error: I failed to connect to Xserver in
'x_display_rep::x_display_rep'
[1]+  Exit 1                  xclock
address@hidden echo $DISPLAY
localhost:10.0
address@hidden more /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
193.144.208.16  mod3_76.caminos.unican.es

address@hidden

The strange thing is: other X-applications work nicely (xclock, gimp,
emacs,...).

There is most likely some installation error with this linux box, however
I have run out of ideas. Does the described behaviour ring a bell for
somebody? I appreciate any suggestion.-

Andreas.

Departmento de Matematicas, Estadistica y Computacion
Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cantabria
Avda. de Los Castros s/n
39006 Santander
Spain
Phone: +34 942 201 360