RE: [Texmacs-dev] CVS and write-access

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] CVS and write-access
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:45:05 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Page, Bill wrote:
> I would be interested in having access to at least the
> axiom plug-in part of the Texmacs CVS.

OK, I put you on the list :^)

> I am also interested in participating in any projects
> in which Texmacs might be extended for literate
> programming (e.g. web/noweb). So this might mean
> changes to those parts of Texmacs having to do with
> importing e.g. to allow importing code "chunks" and
> also perhaps a plug-in (or other compoent) that would
> be equivalent to notangle, i.e. for extracting code
> chucks, running make etc.
>
> I think a literate programming extension of Texmacs
> of this kind would make it a very suitable tool for
> use in future Axiom development. Tim Daly and I have
> had some discussions along this line.

In fact, we already *have* literate programming implemented
to some extent: take a look at how we generate documentation
and web-sites. In fact, literate programming is a quite trivial
task from the TeXmacs point of view, since all interesting
constructs can easily be encapsulated into new tags and
all interesting actions (web/noweb, and *many* others)
can easily be implemented in Scheme (or other) plug-ins.